5.25.2015

Recipe: Hearty Banana Oat Muffins


I truly love banana bread, it's kind of a comfort food staple in my house.  Funny thing is, I don't really like to eat bananas; not unless they are still slightly green, but not bitter green.   I've been using my husband's aunt's recipe for a number of years and have changed it a bit here and there and I love it.  It's buttery, moist and just plain delicious.


But, I wanted to make some banana muffins with oatmeal in them and found a few recipes on Pinterest that were similar in ingredients to what I love.  The one I settled on to try is very tasty and you'll most likely have all the ingredients in your house right now.

I'll give you a minute to gather your ingredients.


With this new recipe I added cinnamon because I love they way it compliments the bananas.


Fresh out of the oven and they are warm, soft, nice (as my 7 year old says) and belly warming.  As you can see below, Oliver didn't hesitate at all to devour one, and then asked for seconds.


Hearty Banana Oat Muffins Recipe ======> click here for printable recipe 
adapted from The Chef Next Door

Ingredients:
1 cup light brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/s tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 muffin pans with paper liners and set aside (you'll make 18 muffins).

In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the brown sugar and butter until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Next add the mashed bananas.

In a medium bowl whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the mixer, in about two additions each.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Cool the muffins on a cooling rack before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment